Setting Realistic Expectations
15 Marks to Family Time Success
- Pick a convenient time free of distractions that fits the rhythm of your home.
- Choose a devotional, resource, etc. you can make “your own.”
- Before you begin, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to be the teacher.
- Keep your presentation short.
- Prepare open-ended questions and invite discussion.
- Expect questions you cannot answer.
- Do NOT be afraid to say, “I do NOT know…but let’s find out together.”
- Have fun, be silly and creative.
- Don’t expect perfection.
- Don’t expect perfect behavior.
- Look for the teachable moment (ah-ha moments).
- Don’t be afraid to run rabbit trails.
- Have everyone keep a journal.
- Pray for specific needs of family, neighbors and friends.
- Make this a reoccurring time with your family and strive to protect it.